Prepare more dressing for this salad. You will certainly like it and will want to cook it again and again.
List of required products:
- half a head of Chinese cabbage;
- 1 juicy carrot;
- 1 red and 1 yellow sweet pepper;
- 1 small cucumber;
- 5-7 stalks of green onion;
- 1 small bunch of cilantro;
- flakes of red hot pepper;
- peanuts for serving.
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. of peanut butter without slices;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root;
- 2 coriander with roots;
- 2 tbsp. of rice or white wine vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
- 1 tsp. fish sauce.
Begin to cook
- For dressing you should clean and grind ginger and garlic. At the coriander carefully rinse the roots of sand, chop (you can cut it not too neatly, the dressing will be crushed by a blender).
- Put the cilantro, ginger and garlic in a glass of blender, add the vinegar, honey, lime juice and fish sauce. Whisk everything. Add peanut butter and whisk until it becomes smooth. Such dressing can be stored in the fridge in a closed container for up to 7 days.
- For a salad, cut the Chinese cabbage into very thin slices. Carrots are peeled and grated on a large grater or better on a special grater for Korean carrots. Mix cabbage and carrots, lightly salt and press with hands to make the cabbage softer.
- Sweet pepper and cucumber have to be cut into very thin straws. After that add everything to the vegetables. Finely chop the green onions and mix them with salad either.
- Combine the salad with dressing (perhaps, not all), let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the peanuts in a dry frying pan without oil and chop them carefully. Place the salad on plates, season with pepper flakes, sprinkle with leaves of coriander and peanuts.