A twist on the traditional Greek Salad! Loaded up with creamy avocado and a touch of lettuce along with green peppers (or capsicum), tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, olives, and onion. The best side salad for any meal!
Preparation time: 15minutes
For The Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Salad:
- 1 large cucumber , halved lengthways and sliced
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes , cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion , sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g good quality creamy feta cheese , cubed
- ½ cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 large avocado , diced
How To Prepare
Whisk together dressing ingredients in jug or jar.
Mix together all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Season with extra salt ONLY IF NEEDED (depending how salty your feta cheese is). To serve, sprinkle over extra oregano (optional). Serve with chicken, fish, lamb, beef, the options are endless!