We provide you with a step-by-step guide for preparing a delicious festive potato based salad-cake. Potato snack with mushrooms, cheese, eggs and fresh herbs will not leave anyone indifferent. It very easy to make it, so let’s go.
List of ingredients:
- one kilogram of potatoes;
- 300 grams of fresh mushrooms;
- 2 large heads of onions;
- 5 fresh chicken eggs;
- 70 grams of hard cheese;
- 4 cloves garlic;
- 500 grams of fatty sour cream (from 20%);
- a bunch of fresh greens;
- refined sunflower oil — for frying;
- salt to taste.
1. While we prepare all the ingredients for our cake, put the eggs. Three chicken eggs must be hard-boiled. We put eggs in a saucepan, pour cold water, add salt and put on fire. After boiling, cook for 15 minutes, cool in cold water and clean from the shell.
2. At this time, we prepare the rest of the products.
3. Two large heads of onions are peeled from the husk and cut into thin quarter rings. We put it in a bowl and clean it for a while to the side.
4. One kilogram of potatoes is peeled, thoroughly washed and rubbed on a large grater.
5. Transfer the potatoes into a deep bowl (it will turn out quite a lot), drive into it two raw chicken eggs, add half of the chopped onion, two cloves of garlic, passed through the press. All is well salted to taste and mix.
6. While the potatoes are not black, it is necessary to fry the potato based layers. Warm the frying pan with vegetable oil with a silicone brush and warm it well.
7. Spoon the potato mass, level it, giving the shape of a pancake. Close the frying pan with a lid and fry the pancakes over medium heat from two sides to a golden color. The roasting of one pancake takes about 15 minutes.
8. Pancakes put on a dish and let them cool. We will prepare the filling ourselves.
9. Fresh mushrooms (you can use any, but I’m used to champignons) cut into small cubes or thin slices.
10. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl with chopped onions (which we have left), salt well to taste, mix thoroughly.
11. Fry mushroom stuffing in a frying pan with preheated vegetable oil until cooked, do not forget to stir occasionally. In the process of roasting, add 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
12. Wrapped hard-boiled eggs rubbed in a bowl on a large grater, mixed with finely chopped herbs (I used a mix: parsley + green onions, but you can also take other greens if desired). Add a spoonful of sour cream (from the total) and mix.
13. And in the third bowl, rub the hard cheese on a large grater and add the garlic passed through the press to it — this will be our third filling. In it also add a spoonful of sour cream and mix.
14. After the mushroom filling has cooled, add another tablespoon of sour cream to it and mix it.
15. We collect snack cake on a flat serving dish of suitable diameter.
16. Lay out the first potato pancake, grease it with sour cream and spread the stuffing from the eggs.
17. Cover the second pancake, on which we spread the mushroom filling.
18. The third pancake is smeared with cheese filling.
19. Close the cake with the fourth pancake, grease it with the remaining sour cream. We decorate chopped fresh herbs and parsley sprigs.