We have learned recently that eggplants are able to slow the aging process, to remove harmful substances from the body and even to help to give up smoking.
A great amount of people love dishes, prepared from them, and now we have decided to use their season to the fullest. In the cookbook there have been already hundreds of eggplant recipes and recently we have added one more. Eggplants, which are baked with minced meat, under flavored tomato filling, are considered to be an incredibly tasty and nutritious snack. As a rule, it is appreciated by all family members.
List of required products:
- 3 average eggplants;
- 400 grams of any minced meat (for your taste);
- one clove of garlic;
- salt and black pepper — to taste;
- coriander and spices for meat — to taste.
For tomato filling
- two onions;
- 4 ripe tomatoes;
- salt — to taste
- two tablespoons of sour cream;
- one fresh chicken egg.
- any fresh herbs.
Begin to cook
- Eggplants are washed and their stalks are removed. After that peel your vegetables.
- We cut them along. As a result we have to take the plates of medium thickness. They are laid out on a baking sheet and covered with parchment paper.
- Using a silicone brush, cover the eggplants with vegetable refined oil.
- We salt them and sprinkle with black pepper.
- We send the frying pan to the oven, preheated up to 170 degrees. In 15 minutes the eggplants are taken out, turned over, greased with vegetable oil. Don’t forget to salt and to pepper them. We send them back to the oven again for another 15 minutes. Then we take out and let them cool down a little.
- On tomatoes it is necessary to make a cross-cut. Put them in a deep bowl and pour steep boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Then we take them away with the help of the skimmer. Remove the peel and the stalk. We cut them into cubes.
- Here is a small tip for you. Instead of tomatoes, you can use a delicious homemade tomato sauce, the recipe of which can be found on the website.
- Any minced meat (we have had the pork one) is put into a bowl. Salt and pepper are added to taste. We add coriander (optional) or any seasoning to meat. Mix everything well with your hands.
- Into the mince we also add one clove of garlic, passed through the press. After that put everything aside.
- Two small onions are peeled from the husk and cut into small cubes.
- Into the frying pan pour a small amount of vegetable oil, warm it up and lay onions. Fry the onion until golden hint, not forgetting to stir the dish carefully.
- When the onion becomes golden hint, we send tomatoes into the frying pan and mix the dish carefully. Salt and pepper to taste, add a little sugar and stew on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Then we taste and add what has been missing.
- Into a beautiful ceramic plate (in which we will serve the dish to the table), covered with vegetable oil, lay the eggplants around the perimeter. Close the sides.
- On the eggplants we lay out stuffing, leveling it with hands.
- In a frying pan with warm pouring add two tablespoons of sour cream and stir well.
- Then we beat one fresh chicken egg, stir again and fill it with minced meat.
- We send the baking tray with the casserole to the middle level of the oven, heated up to 180 degrees. We bake for 40 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle the hot dish with chopped herbs (to your taste).