To make good kebabs, use 2-3 cm cubes of lean lamb cut from any part of the lamb.
- Lamb cubes
- Marinade of choice
- cubed vegetables (optional)
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Thread on bamboo or metal skewers.
- Use lamb cubes cut from a boned forequarter or shoulder, or from shoulder chops — they are the cheapest and juiciest.
- You may cook without marinating, or stand them in a marinade for at least an hour to tenderise. Do not choose a marinade with a high sugar content.
- Brush with oil before barbecuing if meat is very lean.
- Barbecue over a high heat, for about 5 minutes per side.
- Cut the center of one item to check whether it is ready, if necessary.
- Take particular care not to overcook kebabs — small cubes may require less time.