We remember that fish should be eaten at least 1 time a week. And it is really true! And which side dish is best for fish? Our unequivocal answer is rice!
Nowadays some people prefer not to use white refined rice. They have replaced it with either brown unpolished or black organic product. Black rice, prepared according to this recipe, turns out to be incredibly tasty and crumbly.
List of required products:
- black rice — 500 g;
- carrots — 1 item;
- onion — 1 item;
- spices, salt — to taste;
- salmon — 2 steaks;
- seasoning «for fish dishes» — to taste;
- vegetable oil — 5 tbsp.
Begin to cook
- Frankly speaking, you may use any rice you want. But we give our preference to the product, grown and harvested in Thailand. It is considered to be of high quality.
- In order to prepare black rice properly, you should pre-soaked it carefully. Preferably to do it at night for at least 4-6 hours. Put the rice into a bowl, pour with cold water and leave for the night
- Onions and carrots are cleaned, onions are cut into small cubes, carrots are cut into thin cubes. To the bottom of the cauldron (we have used cast-iron cauldron of 3 liters volume) pour vegetable refined oil. Mind that the oil layer should be somewhere 0.5 cm from the bottom. This is approximately 5 tablespoons. We heat the oil on high heat.
- We put the vegetables into the oil and fry them on the maximum fire to a confident rudeness. At this time, we wash rice well and drain all the water. Into a separate container pour the usual cold water and add about 1/2 tbsp. salt. Stir everything carefully.
- When the vegetables are fried well, put the washed rice on top, spread it, pour salt water so that it rises by 1.5-2 cm from the level of rice. At this stage it is possible to add your favorite seasonings for rice.
- Make the fire is as strong as possible. We are waiting for the water to boil. It should boil almost completely. You will see, when it is enough, as there will be no «free water» above the rice level, but it will not evaporate completely yet. When this phase is reached, tightly cover the cauldron with a lid, put a thick towel over (so that moisture evaporates less). Some people prefer to wrap the cauldron, and reduce the fire to the minimum. Let’s leave rice under the lid on minimum fire for 1 hour.
- In an hour the rice can be served, but it would be ideally, if after the fire is switched off, it will still languish, gradually cooling down, until it is completely ready and saturated.
- Salmon is cooked in a steaming way. Here everything is quite simple: wash the steak, dry it with a paper towel, season with your favorite spices and send to steam for 20 minutes
- Prepared rice and salmon are served hot with fresh vegetables.