Many of us, wondering how to make this salad, are rarely interested in who initially invented Caesar salad recipe. With the word «Caesar», most people think about famous Gaia Julius Caesar, but in fact he made nothing for this tasty composition.
The matter is that the recipe for cooking belongs to the Americans of Italian descent, Caesar Cardini. It was he who, in 1924, mixed eggs, olive oil, lettuce, bread, Parmesan cheese, garlic and Worcester sauce, created the world’s first salad type. According to the legend, he had no other products and the cook had to get out. This is a classic variant. All the other ingredients we used were added later.
However, today we want to offer you an Asian version of this treat.
List of required products:
- crackers — 1 glass;
- vinegar wine — 1/4 cup;
- orange juice — 1 tbsp. l.;
- black pepper ground — to taste;
- Romano salad — bunch;
- almonds, fried (crushed) — 4 tbsp. l.;
- olive oil — 1/2 cup;
- mustard — 1 tbsp;
- chopped pulp of oranges — 2 oranges;
- chopped garlic — 2 tsp.;
- boiled shrimps — 180 g;
- crab meat — 180 g;
- brown sugar Demerara — 1 tsp.;
- Parmesan cheese grated — 2/3 cup;
- puree from anchovies or crushed anchovies — 1 tbsp. or 4 items;
Begin to cook
- Combine all the ingredients, except lettuce, Parmesan and croutons.
- Grind the mass in the food processor.
- Put the salad dressing in a serving dish on the leaves of Romano lettuce, sprinkle with cheese and crackers.
- Caesar Asiatic salad is ready. Invite your friends or just enjoy alone!