- 225 g long grain rice
- 600 ml water
- Salt and pepper
- 450 g cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 150 ml sour cream
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chutney
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Put the rice in a saucepan with the water , and a little salt.
- Bring to the boil , cover and reduce the heat .
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and all the water has been absorbed.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork and leave to cool.
- Arrange the rice in the base and to form a border round the rim of a serving dish.
- Dice the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Cook the curry powder in the oil for 2-3 minutes , cool and mix with the remaining ingredients , seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with the chicken and spoon over the rice.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves just before serving .
- Accompany with a green salad.