You shouldn’t think that the soup-puree has begun to be prepared relatively recently. In fact, this useful dish has long been popular in Old Russian cuisine.
However, we can’t but mention that in those days there was no modern technologies, represented by kitchen processors or a blender, and even the meat grinder appeared much later. Therefore, all ingredients are finely crushed, and then pushed in a mortar and rubbed through a sieve. The process itself was quite hard and monotonous.
So, let’s cook today an incredibly delicious soup-puree with cauliflower, crayfish and chicken according to an old Russian recipe. Also we’ll turn on the imagination and imagine how it is used to be done before, but we will use our miracle equipment.
What products to take
- 1 head — cauliflower;
- 1 medium-sized chicken;
- 500 g — boiled crayfish meat;
- 5 cups of rice or pearl barley;
- 1 celery root;
- 1 parsley root;
- 2 carrots;
- 0,5 cup cream;
- 2 leek;
- 2 egg yolks;
- to taste — salt;
Begin to cook
- We divide the chicken into portions, and put it into a saucepan.
- Fill with water, add the peeled root of the parsley, carrots, leeks and celery.
- Cook on moderate heat until meat is ready.
- We boil separately rice or pearl barley. Mind that it is more delicious if it is done in broth.
- We take out the meat, remove the bones, crush it, then twist it in the meat grinder.
- We put it to the blender, pour with a little broth, crush everything carefully
- Then grind the cereals, dilute the broth and mix with the meat.
- In the same way we have to chop the meat of crayfish.
- Boil cauliflower and cut it afterwards.
- We have to combine all the components in one container. After that add cream, yolks, season with spices and salt to taste.
- Pour inside the cream, then the necessary amount of broth.
- Thoroughly mix everything, warm up on fire until it becomes hot.
In old days people used to serve such soup-puree with stuffed olives, salty cakes or croutons. The taste of the dish is really delicious!