This stir fry is delicious with tender strips of beef, sweet fresh veggies and a spicy beef sauce. We like to marinate my stir fry meat before cooking to add an extra layer of flavor.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lbs boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- Garnish: sliced green onion, sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp fish oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. Once hot, add beef and stir fry
until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add vegetables to the hot skillet or wok. Stir fry until slightly crisp, approximately 2
to 3 minutes. Return beef to pan and stir in sauce. Cook until sauce is thickened,
approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.