Salad «He» is a fish based salad made in Korean way. The salad has an unusual name and is considered a Korean national morsel. To prepare this salad all you need is vegetables and meat. In rare cases, instead of meat, fish also can be used. Usually any kind of bone free or almost free fish can be good. For example, salmon, chum salmon, trout, pink salmon, Pollock, etc.
List of required ingredients
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsps vvegetable oil
- 300 gr. fish
- 1 pc onion
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 pc carrot
- 1 pc fresh cucumber
- 2 tbsps soya sauce
- Ground bitter pepper (preferably black) , lemon, greenery, coriander, sand sugar and salt by your preference.
- Take the fish and remove the bones, if any. Then wash well and dry with a paper towel. Take the knife and cut the fish into small pieces in the form of strips. Put the pieces of fish in a certain bowl, pour a little salt and granulated sugar. You can also pour some 9% vinegar.
- Stir well. Cover the fish with polyethylene and put it in the refrigerator for 7-8 hours for pickling. Peal and cut the onion (preferably into semi-rings). Cut the carrot into straws (you can use a special grater). Crush the garlic. Put a frying pan on the gas stove and pour the vegetable.
- When the oil is hot add garlic, onion, some different spices and grated carrot. Take out the bowl with fish from the refrigerator and see if it is ready. Thanks to vinegar, all fish pieces must be decolorized. If the fish is ready, pour the mixture from the frying pan to it and stir well.
- When everything cools down, cut cucumber into thin rings and add it to the fish together with soy sauce. Stir and put all of this into refrigerator for 3-4 hours again. When serving the dish, you can add a small piece of lemon (lime) and greenery to get more colorful look.
You can eat it even if it stays in the refrigerator for several days.
Wish you bon appetit!