This dish is considered to be a concentrated taste of Asia. When we are preparing this salad, we can think about the south of India as well as about the sunsets of ocher color over the Arabian Sea. Or Malaysia with its ubiquitous street kitchen, when you can not make a step, without breathing in the aroma of spices, mixed with the sugary smells of tropical flowers.
This salad is the perfect «banquet continuation» in the most direct sense of word. If you have baked lamb leg or meat on the ribs the previous night and you have something left, just cut the meat from the bone and follow the recipe.
List of required products:
- 100 g of canned green peas;
- 1 head of lettuce;
- 300 g of fried young lamb;
- a quarter of a small coconut;
- 1 small sweet onion;
- small bundle of mint (leaves only);
- small bundle of coriander (leaves only);
- 2 tbsp. of roasted peanuts;
- 1 not very hot chili pepper.
For the dressing:
- garlic — 3 cloves;
- 1 chili pepper;
- 3 cm of fresh ginger root;
- 2 small shallots;
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar;
- juice from 1 lime;
- 2 tbsp. of fish sauce;
Begin to cook
- For filling chop the garlic finely. Clean chili peppers from seeds and white partitions. Chop them finely. Ginger root is peeled and grounded. Onions also peel and grind.
- In the mortar press crushed garlic, onion, chili and ginger into a homogeneous paste. Add sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Continue to grind in a mortar until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the meat into thin strips. Coconut is peeled with a knife, which is special for cleaning vegetables. Pulp is grated on the grater.
- Pour peas with boiling water and after 2 minutes throw into a colander. Dry them well. Cut the onion into thin rings.
- Put the resulting mass into a large bowl.
- Add meat, peas, onions and coconut into a bowl together with dressing. Stir everything well.
- Add the leaves of cilantro and mint into the salad. Mix everything well.
- Put the resulting mixture on lettuce leaves, sprinkle with peanuts and chopped chili. Serve immediately.