What an awesome mix of flavors and textures to fill your bowl! Get creative here and lean on the fresh herbs and vinaigrette for maximum flavor. Perfect served with warm pitta bread.
Recipe by Chad Sarno
Preparation time: 10minutes
- 4 cups romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup kale of choice, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups of cooked white beans (or one and half 15-ounce can, strained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup roasted pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, seeded and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup loose packed Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup Dijon Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Whole wheat toasted pita and your choice of plant protein (optional — to serve)
How To Prepare
- If all your ingredients are not chopped already, a great way to assemble a chopped salad is to add all ingredients on a cutting board and coarsely chop all together. There is no science or special knife skill needed here — you just need to chop all the ingredients so they combine well.
- Toss all the chopped ingredients in a mixing bowl and drizzle in the vinaigrette. Gently toss salad, coating all with the dressing.
- Serve in a large bowl for each serving topped with additional toasted walnuts or seeds, your choice of added plant protein, or/and avocado with the pitta on the side.
- For a heartier meal, add in 2 cups of your favorite cooked grains such as wild rice or quinoa combined with 1 tablespoon of sambal chile. Toss well.
- For a protein punch, add another variety of beans such as edamame or black beans, 8 ounces of grilled plant chicken or one of your other favorite plant-based proteins. Our Tempeh Bacon (see recipe) and Baked Tofu (see recipe) both work a treat!