Mexican Cornbread Salad makes a delicious layered salad recipe using buttermilk cornbread, beans, tomatoes, and so much more!
Preparation time: 10minutes
- 1/2 pan Southern Buttermilk Cornbread Recipe baked and cooled
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 (26.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed well drained and rinsed well
- 3 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with chiles, drained well
- 6-8 slices cooked bacon diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice divided
- Sour cream optional
How To Prepare
Crumbled and layer half of the cornbread in the bottom of a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Next, add half of each in layers, lettuce, black beans, diced tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and avocados.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of lime juice on top of avocados to prevent from browning. Repeat layers and top final salad with remaining tablespoon of lime juice. Top or serve with sour cream, if desired.