Cooking Time: 25minutes
- 8 oz (250g) dry macaroni pasta
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup Assortment of fresh peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise, (Desired choice)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How To Prepare
Bring large pot of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta and boil until al dente (just fork-tender), or follow packet directions.
While pasta is boiling, prepare/chop SALAD ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl.
Mix DRESSING ingredients together in a small bowl.
Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse under cool running water. Drain well and add to the rest of the SALAD ingredients in the large serving bowl.
Pour over DRESSING and toss well to evenly combine. Adjust salt, pepper and vinegar to taste.
Set aside for at least 15 minutes
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Take it out of the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving to get the chill out. It’s best when closer to room temperature or just slightly chilled.