Tasty salads, taken from old culinary books, are usually rather useful and healthy for our organism. In those days, for the dressing they never used mayonnaise, but useful and flavored sauces.
In the taverns vegetable salads were often served before the main dishes, in order to «improve an appetite». Today we are going to suggest you to cook one of them. This is a salad with celery, seasoned with nut sauce.
What products to take
- 60 ml of vegetable oil;
- 200 g — celery (herbs);
- 1 tbsp — vinegar (3%);
- 5 cups — walnuts (peeled);
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- to taste — salt;
Begin to cook
- Grind the nuts into as small pieces as it is possible. The crumbs will be quite suitable.
- Put everything into a bowl and mix it together with chopped garlic
- Carefully grind the ingredients until we get a uniform oily mass.
- Into the walnut mass, pour some vegetable oil together with the vinegar. Season it with salt and mix until homogeneous condition.
- We should dry the washed greens of celery, then cut it finely, and put it into a salad bowl.
- Pour the nut sauce to the celery, mix it, serve it to the table.
In the old days, freshly baked black bread was usually served with such a salad with celery. It is tasty, healthy and contains lots of vitamins! Try to cook and make sure whether it’s worth to spend the time for its preparation. Enjoy!