Makeover the typically heavy Caesar dressing by swapping mayonnaise for Greek yogurt — low in fat and calories, but still deliciously creamy.
- ½ ciabatta loaf (120g | 4oz), sliced
- 2 whole Chicken Breast fillets (about 500g | 1lbs), skinless and boneless, halved horizontally to make
- 4 fillets
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 200g | 7oz shortcut bacon, cut into strips
- 2 eggs, boiled to your liking (soft of hard boiled), sliced
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ⅔ Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (or sub with 2 tablespoons black pitted olives, chopped finely and 1 teaspoon fish sauce)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to grill/broil settings on medium — high heat. Place the bread slices onto an oven tray; drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven (on middle shelf) until crispy.
- While bread is grilling, prepare chicken:
Rub the chicken breast with the garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt. Heat a non stick grilling pan/skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and fry chicken until golden on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside onto a warm plate. Add the bacon strips to the same pan, and fry until golden and crispy. While the bacon is frying, boil your eggs to your liking (and don’t forget to check your bread in the oven)! To make the Caesar Yogurt Dressing:
Combine yogurt, oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and Parmesan. Whisk until well combined; add salt and pepper to your tastes, and whisk again. Taste test.
- Assemble Salad:
Combine lettuce with the chicken and bacon strips; eggs (halved); avocado slices; shaved Parmesan cheese; and bread pieces (halved). Pour over the dressing; mix well to combine, and serve!