First of all, we would like to mention that these cutlets in the dough can be easily used as a snack or cooked for breakfast. They are very tasty and nutritious.
Yeast dough, which we will cook for these cutlets, can be also used for baking sausages. The cutlet in the dough turns out to be appetizing and very tender. First of all, prepare incredibly juicy cutlets from minced meat, without any eggs, but using bread. Bread gives the cutlets tenderness and airiness. The recipe is the simplest, in fact: everything is done quickly and easily.
List of required products:
- 300 grams of minced meat;
- 75 grams of onions;
- 80 grams of white bread;
- 120 milliliters of water;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
- breadcrumbs or flour for breading — 4-5 tablespoons.
For the dough (for 9 cutlets)
- 250 grams of wheat flour;
- 30 grams of butter or margarine;
- one fresh chicken egg;
- 5 grams of dry yeast, which can be replaced by 15 grams of fresh yeast;
- one teaspoon of granulated sugar;
- a quarter teaspoon of salt.
- yolk for the top covering.
Begin to cook
- To begin with, we prepare the cutlets themselves. Into a bowl we will crush the crumb of white bread, fill it with cold water. Then we squeeze the bread from the water and put it into the bowl of the blender.
- We remove all husks from the onions, cut them into several parts and send them to the bowl of the blender either.
- Here is a small tip for you. If you prepare minced meat by yourself and do not buy in the store, grind the bread and onions together with the meat through a meat grinder.
- Meat stuffing (now we are using pork + beef, but it is possible to take any other, of course) is salted and peppered to taste. After that we put bread and onions into it.
- The whole mass has to be mixed very thoroughly.
- We should make wet our hands with cold water, form cutlets of such a shape that you prefer. We lay out the formed items onto a board covered with a package.
- In a frying pan it is necessary to warm up enough sunflower oil without any smell. Cutlets are breaded in flour or breadcrumbs, put in a frying pan and fried from both sides. One side is processed on the heating mode, which is average, the other — on medium heat.
- Fried cutlets are laid on paper towels, which should absorb the remains of oil.
- Let’s do the dough. In a bowl, mix dry yeast, sugar and salt. We poured warm milk and mix it thoroughly.
- Add one fresh chicken egg to the milk mixture and stir everything well.
- Through a sieve we sift into a bowl one part of the flour and stir again.
- The second part of the flour is sifted onto the working surface, we put the dough on it. When the dough becomes a little thicker, we will put into it some softened butter in several receptions. After that the dough will become softer. We continue to mix it for another 5-7 minutes until homogeneity: mind it should not stick to the hands and the table.
- The prepared dough is put to a bowl and covered with a food film. We remove the bowl with the dough into the fridge for one hour.
- We take the dough from the fridge, roll it out in the shape of a sausage. We divide it into 9 parts.
- Roll each part in the rectangle shape. Its width should be slightly less than the width of cutlets.
- We arrange the cutlet on the middle of the dough strip, raise the edges and stick them. The seam is folded and fixed.
- We cover the baking tray with parchment paper and lay the cutlets with the seam down.
- Cover the cutlets with yolk (using a silicone brush).
- We put the frying pan to the oven, heated up to 220 degrees. We bake cutlets for 20-25 minutes.
You can also prepare flavored sausages in the dough and treat your relatives with them.