Fast snack rolls are an excellent solution of a simple snack for a picnic, breakfast or dinner.
The filling can be absolutely any, make it from ham and cheese today. Cooking them is very simple. These rolls will be liked by absolutely everyone: both children and adults. They can be served with tea or instead of bread to the first dishes, take with them on the road or to work.
List of required products
For the dough
- 300 grams of wheat flour;
- 250 milliliters of hot water;
- 100 milliliters of sunflower oil;
- 5 teaspoon of salt.
- 300 grams of ham (to your taste);
- 100 grams of hard cheese.
- 1 chicken yolk;
- 1 tablespoon of milk.
Begin to cook
- Sift the flour (according to the recipe) into a deep bowl, make a groove, pour the salt.
- Pour hot water into the pan, pour in the vegetable oil and mix.
- Put the pan on the stove and bring the content to a boil.
- Pour boiling water and oil into the flour. At first knead the dough with a spoon, and when it cool a little — on the table, with your hands. The flour is no longer poured: the dough is elastic and does not stick to the hands.
- Make the dough roundish, covered and put aside. Now make the filling.
- Grate hard cheese on a large fraction.
- Ham (or turkey) is also rubbed on a large grater. Do not mix.
- Form braid from the dough and cut it into equal parts (nearly 15 pieces).
- Each part of the dough is rounded and rolled out into a thin flat cake (saucer-sized).
- Bend two opposite edges slightly. Put a tablespoon of ham and a pinch of cheese on the resulting short edge, roll into a roll.
- Form all the other rolls in this way.
- Lubricate the baking tray with vegetable oil and lay out the rolls, distanced from each other.
- Mix the yolk with one tablespoon of milk, mix until smooth. Lubricate your rolls with the resulting mixture by means of a special brush.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the baking tray with the rolls in the oven heated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Put lettuce leaves on the plate and lay out your rolls.
If you are going to have a cool picnic, we would also like to recommend you don’t forget to take snack for hiking