This is an unusual but delicious way to prepare yams.
- 400-500 g (about 1 lb) little pink yams
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Slice scrubbed yams about 1 cm (1/2 inch)thick, diagonally.
- Cook in a covered pan in a little lightly salted water for about 15 minutes or until they feel soft when pierced.
- Drain, keeping the liquid, then add the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Cook uncovered until the liquid has thickened.
- If they dry out, add a little of the reserved liquid, and heat a little longer.