«This bright and colorful salad is a great summertime recipe (or anytime you want to feel like it’s summertime). Light and citrusy, it’s a whole new way to enjoy quinoa. Lime juice and cilantro give a refreshing kick, while quinoa and black beans provide tasty vegan protein.
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then drain and spread out on a large plate or tray to cool quickly.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan until golden and place in a salad bowl.
- Using a vegetable peeler, take lengthways strips of skin off the cucumber so that it looks stripy. Cut it in half lengthways, then spoon out and discard the seeds. Chop the cucumber into half-moon slices and add to the almonds in the salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, raisins, spring onions and half the mint to the bowl. Then add the cooked quinoa and mix everything together. Season well with salt and pepper. Dress the salad with the lime juice and a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Garnish with the remaining mint leaves and serve.