Today we will make something unusual, it’s a salad (or hearty side-dish) that is called Trio because it’s made up from 3 main ingredients – cheese, carrot and beetroots. However, this salad has another name, which is “Lover”. Attractive and very appetizing salad catches attention by its look. It’s difficult to describe its taste – it’s sweet and bitter at the same time with a light milk cheese taste. If you try it, it will become your favorite salad.
List of ingredients:
- Very big beets -4
- Very big carrots -4
- Hard cheese – 250 gm
- Handful of nuts
- Handful of raisin
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Sugar – optional
- Mayo – optional
- Rinse the beetroots well, cut off the stems. Cook it in a saucepan with a little water. Then when it’s cold peel it and grate. You can also bake it.
- Put the beetroots into a sieve and press so that they can drain.
- Mix the chopped nuts with beetroots, mayo, salt and sugar, then toss well (t make a good salad it’s better to use our homemade mayo, recipes you can find on our webpage)
- Peel the carrots and grate it. Add to the bowl with carrot the raisin and mayo. Toss well.
- Grate the cheese and mixt it with pressed garlic, then add mayo.
- Create the salad by layers, you can use any dish. It’s more convenient to use a hoop. You can make as many layers as you wish.
- First, put the beetroots with nuts, press them with a spoon, then put the carrot with raisin on it. Next put the cheese with garlic. Each layer has to be pressed.
- Next, take the hoop off carefully not to damage the salad. Spread the mayo and put it into refrigerator for an hour.
- Decorate the salad as you wish and serve.