The word «bibimbap» means «food mixed with rice». Probably, this is the most beautiful Korean dish and one of the most famous. In the list of the 50 most delicious world dishes, published by CNN, bibimbap appears at number 40. In fact, it is served in stone bowls, in which it should be heated on fire just before the serving.
However, if you do not have such, select deep and wide bowls-dishes, preferably of black shade. Why? — The matter is that on a black background the entire set of products laid out by sectors, and especially the yolk in the center, looks exceptionally festive. In addition to bibimbap and a couple of snacks, you do not need to cook anything — there are so many different elements in it! You can cook it for a couple, absolutely without salt — the spiciness of the chili paste will be enough.
List of required products:
- 800 g cooked rice;
- 2 medium carrots;
- 400 g of soybean or golden bean sprouts;
- 200 g of ready fern;
- 400 g spinach;
- 4 yolks of very fresh eggs;
- 4 leaves of lettuce;
- light sesame oil;
- 2/3 cup unroasted sesame seeds;
- 4 tbsp. of chili pasta;
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil;
Begin to cook
- For seasoning, mix all the ingredients by adding a couple of spoons of warm water.
- Sift the sesame seeds on a dry frying pan without any oil, put on medium heat and fry, stirring, until they become golden and the tasty odor appears. As a rule it is not much than 2 minutes. Remove everything from the fire.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin long straws. Preheat a little oil in the frying pan, put the carrots, salt, fry over medium heat for 2 minutes. Put onto the plate.
- Just like carrots, fry the fern and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Leave the spinach leaves into a saucepan with slightly boiling water for 1 min. Then throw in a colander, rinse with iced water and press a bit. Season with sesame oil, salt and add a couple of spoons of sesame seeds.
- Just like spinach, prepare soy or bean sprouts. Cover the heat molds of bibimbap or a large fat-frying pan with oil, add the rice and put everything on a strong fire. Lay out the prepared products on top of the sectors. In the center put a leave of lettuce, after that carefully lay out the yolk onto it.
- Cook on high heat until rice begins to «hiss».Then remove from heat and serve with a spicy seasoning.
By the way
If you want, you can take the bibimbap into a non-vegetarian dish, laying thinly sliced, and then roasted beef or pork on rice together with the rest of the ingredients.