Classy, fancy and incredibly easy to make, our grilled lobster tails recipe comes together in under 20 minutes! The perfect dinner to make for any occasion. The bonus? That garlic butter is SENSATIONAL!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives, plus extra to garnish
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus extra to season
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 (8-oz | 250-g) lobster tails
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How To Prepare
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
Using kitchen shears, cut top of lobster shell from meaty portion of tail. Using a knife, cut the lobster tail in half lengthwise through meat down the centre.
In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Brush lobster meat all over with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill flesh side down until lightly charred, about 5-6 minutes. Flip lobster, brush meat with HALF of the garlic butter mixture. Cover with lid and grill until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes more.
Remove lobster from grill and season with a little extra salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Brush with remaining garlic butter and serve with lemon wedges.