- 8 kipper fillets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 75 g / 3 oz butter
- Grilled rind and juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon twists
- Parsely sprigs
Cooking time: 5-8 minutes
Calories: 375 per portion
1. Skin the kippers and remove any obvious bones.
2. Brush a grill with oil, place the kippers on top.
3. Bear the butter until pale and creamy, then gradually work the rind and juice of the lemon into the butter.
4. Beat in the parsley and seasoning.
5. Dot the lemon butter over the fish.
6. Grill the kippers for 5-8 minutes.
7. Garnish with lemon twists and parsley sprigs, and serve with a fresh green salad and wholemeal bread.