Red Shrimp Curry is an easy and delicious dinner recipe. This red curry recipe is naturally healthy and made with Thai red curry, mixed with shrimp and served in a bowl over rice.
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Red Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 orange bell pepperchopped
- 1 yellow bell pepperchopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
For Serving (Garnishes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro and green onions to garnish
- Rice or Quinoa to serve over
How To Prepare
In a small bowl, toss together the shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika and lime juice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
While the shrimp is marinating, heat the coconut oil in a medium size skillet for 1-2 minutes. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Add the garlic, fresh ginger, red curry paste, paprika, turmeric and coriander. Stir and cook for another minute.
Add the tomato juice and coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the marinated shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Serve over rice and top with cilantro.