A low-fat tomato topping on these fish fillet looks attractive and tastes good. Always take care not to overcook fish, since it dries out, toughens and spoils.
- 2 skinless, boneless fish fillets (about 150 g / 5 oz) each
- Flour for coating
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil or butter
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Pinch each dried basil and oreganum
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Cut each fish fillet length ways and coat lightly with flour.
- Arrange the fish in a lightly oiled dish.
- Cook the onion in the oil and water in small frypan until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and stir briefly over the heat to combine.
- Spread the warm up topping over the fillets and bake uncovered in the center of the dish will flake.
- Serve on or with rice, with a green leafy salad.