Everyone knows that candied fruit are appreciated or even loved by almost everyone. However, candied ginger roots are considered to be an exotic. Why? — The matter is that in this case ginger seems to be not only sweet, but spicy! In our opinion this yummy thing has an excellent taste, and the use of such candied fruits can be very different.
By the way you can treat them just by eating for green tea. By the way it was in this form, when it was initially tried in China by famous Marco Polo.
List of required products:
- 500 g of very fresh ginger root;
- 5 cups of sugar plus more sugar for rolling.
Begin to cook
- Ginger is peeled off the skin. After that remove the hard and dried parts (as well as all the pieces that have darkened). Thinly slice the pulp into pieces.
- Put the slices into a pan with a thick bottom and pour a large amount of cold water. On medium heat, bring to a boiling condition and cook for 15-20 minutes. Throw it in a colander.
- Put the ginger back into the pan, pour the sugar and pour inside 2/3 cup of water. Stir, heat on medium fire, bring to a boiling condition. Continue cooking, stirring all the time, until the slices of ginger become almost transparent, and all the liquid from them will not evaporate. As a rule it takes about 25 minutes. Reduce the fire to a minimum and cook. Don’t stop stirring, until the mass in the pan is almost dry. As a rule, it is for another 10-15 minutes.
- Place the slices on a foil or parchment, covered the set oiled grate; leave to dry for 30 minutes. Then roll the ginger slices in the remaining sugar and dry a little more. Place in a tightly closed container.
By the way
Candied ginger in a tightly closed container should be stored in a dark and cool place for about 3 months.