Prepare a wonderful snack: onion rings with cheese and cream sauce — and please yourself and your loved ones. Onion rings are a delicious hot appetizer for all occasions. Crispy onion rings in triple breadcrumbs, with a piquant cheese flavor. A cheese-onion sauce makes the dish even more fragrant and unique. This sauce is perfect for chips, and for any other snack.
List of ingredients:
1. 3 heads of onions;
2. 120 grams of mozzarella cheese (4 slices);
3. 3 chicken eggs;
4. 150-200 grams of wheat flour;
5. 150-200 grams of breadcrumbs;
6. sunflower oil without odor for deep frying.
7. For cream cheese sauce
8. 200 milliliters of 20% cream;
9. 50 grams of mozzarella cheese;
10. 50 grams of Parmesan cheese;
11. 20-30 grams of butter;
12. paprika, white pepper, nutmeg and salt — to taste.
1. Peel of onion, wash and cut into rings. Rings should be large, so the middle bulb should be cut into two parts. If the bulbs are large (long), cut them into three pieces.
2. Each ring is divided into segments, if the rings are small, don’t use them. We need only large rings.
3. Cut mozzarella cheese into thin strips, according to the width of the onion rings.
4. Take a strip of cheese, insert the bow into the ring (if necessary, use two strips). Then take the second ring of onions, and insert them into the first, into the cheese. Rings should fit fairly tightly and put the rings in freezer.
5. While the onion rings are in our refrigerator, we prepare the cream sauce. To do this, cut finely all the remaining onions.
6. Heat the frying pan, spread a piece of butter and simmer the onion on medium heat until its soft and transparent.
7. Remove the frying pan from the fire.
8. Pour the cream into the saucepan, put it on the fire and boil it. Then into the cream, shift the onions, mix, add the grated cheese: mozzarella and parmesan.
9. Salt and pepper to taste, add just a little nutmeg for flavor. Stir, wait until the cheese dissolves and turn off the fire. Be sure to taste again.
10. Pour a large amount of sunflower oil in a frying pan, warm it up and get onion rings from the freezer.
11. Prepare in advance three bowls: one with flour, the second — with breadcrumbs, and the third — with whipped eggs.
12. We first dip each onion ring first into flour, then into an egg, then again flour, an egg, and lastly in crumbs.
13. Remove the fried rings on a plate covered with paper towel.
14. Serve hot, with cheese sauce.