Filo pastry makes a glamorous coating for potatoes! This pastry may be kept refrigerated for several weeks if carefully wrapped to prevent drying out.
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 2 medium-sized cooked potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- fresh herbs
- garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- butter (optional)
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Cut the cooked potatoes into 5 mm (1/4inch) cubes.
- Mix with sour cream, chopped fresh herbs, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cut the filo pastry sheets in half using three half sheets for each package.
- Brush each sheet lightly with melted butter and place two pieces on the third so the corners lie randomly.
- Pile the potato mixture in the centre of each filo arrangement, gather the pastry around the potato, fanning out edges.
- Tie packages with a chive leaf for an edible ‘string’ or with thread.
- Place on a buttered oven tray, brush with butter if desired, and bake at 190 degrees Celsius (375F) for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.