Do you know that eggplants started growing more than 1,500 years ago in India? In the course of time this useful and very tasty vegetable was loved all over the world both for its usefulness and taste. Nowadays there is a great amount of recipes with eggplants.
You can use them for the first as well as for the second dishes. The most wonderful snacks, pickled, marinated, stuffed and baked vegetable are also in trend. If you want to surprise your guests with a delicious dish, prepare a particular eggplant snack in accordance with this recipe.
Such a yummy appetizer will not leave anyone indifferent! Eggplants, cooked according to this recipe, are so good both in cold and hot form.
What products to take
- 8 items — eggplants;
- for frying — vegetable refined oil.
- 200 ml — dry red wine;
- 8 tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp — Balsamic vinegar;
- 2 onions;
- 1 tbsp. — dry basil;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. — dried oregano;
- 2 carrots;
- 2 bay leaves;
- to taste — sugar, salt and ground pepper;
- for frying — vegetable oil.
Begin to cook
- We heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chopped onion until it becomes soft, it is important not to overcook it.
- Add the grated carrot and finely chopped garlic.
- Fry until the vegetables are ready.
- The tomatoes should be peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Add them to our passering, pour inside red wine and bay leaf. Season everything with oregano, basil and stew for minimum 20 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking, we add pepper, sugar and salt to taste.
- As a result we will get the flavored and rather delicious sauce. Crush it in a blender in order to get a puree-like mass.
- Now it is high time to cut the eggplants. You can do it in slices or strips. It is up to you to decide. The main thing is not to do it very thickly.
- Fry from two sides to golden hint in oil.
- Lay the eggplants onto the dish, covering with the cooked sauce.
For a more original serving, you can wrap the eggplants into rolls, covering with a sauce before. Snacks turn to be excellent!