Cream of mushroom soup has always been a favorite of my family. To spruce up the flavor, fry a little onion with mushrooms and mix it with the cream of mushroom soup.
- 1 packet of cream of mushroom powder
- 400 ml water, boiled
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 heads of mushroom, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying (optional)
- In a large pan, fry (or slightly boil) the onion and mushrooms with salt and pepper until cooked.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- In a jug, mix the cream of mushroom powder with a little milk, until a smooth consistency. Pour in the boiled water and mix well.
- Pour this smooth mixture to the pan with the mushroom and onion. Stir well and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the soup sticking to the pan.
- Serve with a side of sautéed vegetables or roast potatoes.