Here is a delicious eggplant soup recipe. The dish is low-calorie and easy to cook. That’s why it will appeal to those who are on a diet or have a healthy lifestyle.
List of ingredients:
- oil — to your taste
- sweet pepper (medium size) — 1 pc
- spices — to your taste
- eggplant — 1 — 2 pieces
- onion — 1 pc
- salt — to your taste
- tomatoes (medium size) — 1
- garlic — 1
These ingredients are enough for 3-4 servings.
Eggplant is the main ingredient of this dish but you can diversify it with all kinds of vegetables.
- Wash, peel and dice eggplants. Put sliced eggplants in a deep bowl and add salt. Leave for 20 minutes to stack extra bitter juice.
- Put them on a hot frying pan.
- Wash and mince the remaining vegetables (onions and sweet peppers).
- Start frying.
- Combine fried onion and pepper mixture with eggplant slices.
- Remove the tomato skin and cut it into small pieces. Add to the eggplants and onions.
- Put all the vegetables in a small saucepan and add some water. Cook for 30 minutes.
- When the vegetables get soft (they should be well boiled), turn off the heat and blend them.
- Decorate the soup with herbs and garlic. Pour in some oil (1 tbsp).