Do you want to feel like real aristocrats? This is easy to make it! The only thing you should do is to prepare the French onion soup with cheese and cognac. Set your table in a beautiful way and enjoy your meal!
Moreover, you will prepare a wonderful soup of French cuisine as quickly as possible. This is a real advantage, isn’t it?
What products to take
- 1 tbsp. — sugar;
- 500 g — white onion;
- 4 slices — baguette;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 150 g — hard cheese;
- 600 ml chicken broth;
- 30 ml of cognac;
- 150 ml — white semi-dry wine;
- 60 g butter;
- 6 tbsp. olive oil;
- 1 tbsp — salt;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 pinch of nutmeg.
Begin to cook
- We peel the onion and cut it.
- In a deep stewing pan we warm up some cream and olive oil.
- We lay onions and fry them, until it gets a caramel shade.
- We pour inside some wine, wait until it evaporates.
- After that, pour broth, add crushed garlic, bay leaves, nutmeg, sugar and salt.
- Stir and cook for 15 minutes.
- We cut the baguette into average circles and prepare the toasts.
- We rub the cheese, add it to the total mass, pour inside the cognac and cook for 5 minutes.
- We take the bay leaves out.
- We put croutons on top.
- We put everything into the oven preheated up to 180 degrees, cook for 5-7 minutes (the cheese should melt completely).
We serve soup to the table, enjoy and feel like real aristocrats!