Warm up with this rich Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Pomegranate Juice, Cumin & Sunflower seeds. It’s full of antioxidants and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 2 cups medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ½ head/4 cups/1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp shredded mint
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the cauliflower and onion on a baking sheet.
- Toss, with vegetable oil, cumin and salt & pepper to taste.
- Roast until softened and golden brown, turning halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a soup pot along with the pomegranate juice and 2 cups of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before pureeing in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Reheat before dividing between 4 bowls. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and mint.