- 1 large cucumber
- 1 onion
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 25 g butter or margarine
- 25 g plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml natural sugar
- 18 ice cubes
- Mint sprigs
- Cucumber slices
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Calories: 85 per portion
1. Dice the cucumber, and finely chop the onion.
2. Place the cucumber in a saucepan with the stock and onion.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the cucumber is tender.
4. Cool ,then blend in a liquidiser until smooth.
5. Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
6. Gradually add the cucumber purée.
7. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Season to taste.
9. Add the natural yoghurt and leave to cool thoroughly.
10. Garnish each serving with ice cubes, mint sprigs and cucumber slices.