One of the most popular recipes worldwide and quite soothing to the soul!
- 200 g potatoes
- 200 g onions
- 750 ml water (3 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil or fat
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut into rough dice.
- Skin onion and chop finely or split leeks and wash thoroughly in cold water then shred.
- Heat oil or fat in pan and saute.
- Add water or white stock and seasoning, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Sieve cooked soup into a mixing bowl using a metal spoon. Measure and then return to rinsed pan.
- Blend cornflour with milk in a small bowl using a wooden spoon. Add to soup and stir until thickened and cooked using a metal spoon (5 minutes).
- Serve garnished with parsley.