Miso soup with vegetables and tofu is a really yummy thing. Of course, its preparation won’t be very quick, but the result will be appreciated by you as well as by all your surroundings.
List of required products:
- 25 liters of chicken broth or broth of dashi;
- 3 tbsp. of miso paste;
- 1 average carrot;
- 5 average mushrooms;
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn;
- 100 g green peas pods;
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves, preferably of small size;
- 4 feathers of green onions;
- 120 g. tofu.
Begin to cook
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin strips, mushrooms — into thin slices. Pour the corn with boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain it. Pea pods are cut into pieces of 1.5 cm long, green onions — thin rings diagonally. Take spinach ad remove its rough stems, large leaves are torn into 2-3 parts. Tofu is cut into cubes.
- In a large saucepan bring the broth to a boiling condition over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl, add the miso paste and mix well until it is dissolved completely.
- Put carrots, mushrooms and corn into a saucepan with broth and cook it, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add pods of peas, spinach and green onions, cook for another 1 min. Reduce the heat, pour inside the soup the diluted miso paste and cook for 5 minutes, not allowing the boiling. Add the cubes of tofu to the pan and heat them in the soup for 1 minute. Pour soup on plates and serve to the table.
- For real miso soup you should use a broth of dashi, cooked from flakes bonito with seaweed kombu. In some cases you can buy it prepared.