Pumpkin soup in Asian style is considered to be a rather tasty idea for your table. However, that is not everything as this vegetable is really useful for our organism.
List of required products:
- 2 kg of pumpkin;
- 200 ml of coconut milk;
- 2 large white onion;
- 2-4 cm of fresh ginger root;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- soy sauce;
- olive oil;
- pinch of grated nutmeg;
- freshly ground black pepper;
- coriander for decoration.
Begin to cook
- Remove the peel from the pumpkin and remove the seeds and fibers of the core, if it is possible. Then cut the pumpkin into small pieces and put it into a saucepan.
- Fill a pumpkin with 1.5 liters of hot water, bring to a boiling condition, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and finely chop onion, garlic and ginger. In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and put the spicy vegetables on a small fire until the onion becomes transparent. As a rule, it takes about 5 minutes. Add them to the soup and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check the softness of the pumpkin, piercing it with a fork, — it should fall apart into pieces. If this does not happen, cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk the soup directly in a saucepan with a submerged blender. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, nutmeg and black pepper and whisk again. Try and add soy sauce and spices if you want.
- Pour the soup on plates and decorate with cilantro leaves, gently tearing them off the stems and spreading over the surface of the soup. Serve immediately.