Soup Tom Yum is considered to be a peculiar feature of many Asian cuisines. There are a lot of variants of its preparation and in the course of time you will be able to find something special for yourself.
List of required products
- raw large shrimps — 1 kg;
- chicken broth — 2 l;
- small shallots onions — 3 pcs;
- chili pepper — 1 item;
- lime — 1 item;
- stalk of lemongrass — 2 items;
- Shiitake mushroom — 2 items;
- Galankhal root — 1 item;
- sugar — 1 tbsp;
- fish sauce — 2 tbsp. l.;
- Tamarind paste — 1 tbsp. l.;
- Kafric lime — 3-4 leaves;
- garlic — 1 clove;
- green onion;
Begin to cook
- Peel the shrimps. Shells and heads should be poured with chicken broth. Bring everything to the boiling condition and turn off the fire. Strain the broth.
- Finely chop the shallots and chili peppers. Fry them together in a frying pan in a minimal amount of vegetable oil, adding sugar and fish sauce.
- Broth is brought to a boiling condition. Put the contents of the pan into it. Add zest and lime juice, as well as tamarind paste. Cut the stems of lemongrass, shiitake mushrooms, the galangal stem of half-palm size, the leaves of kafir lime and a clove of garlic. Add everything to the broth. Put the peeled shrimps there, bring everything to a boiling condition. And your soup is ready.
- Pour the soup into the plates, put the chopped cilantro and the green onions cut into long strips. You can add coconut milk in order to soften the spiciness.