You’ve probably heard of such Chinese delicacy as soup of shark fins. It is very expensive, and it is not easy to cook it at home. All in all we can’t but mention that this fake soup from fins was invented in Singapore in the 80s of last century.
Initially this dish turned to be a hit of street fast food sales. It can not be said that it tastes very much like a delicacy, but it looks like very similar one. Well, it is very tasty i itself.
List of required products:
- 1 liter of vegetable broth or water;
- 120 grams of bean (glass) noodles;
- 2 small carrots;
- 1 can (200 g) of canned bamboo shoots;
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms;
- 4 black Chinese mushrooms;
- 1 white;
- 1 tbsp. of arroute or cornstarch;
- 1 tbsp. of dark soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. of dark sesame oil;
- vegetable oil;
- freshly ground white pepper;
- green onion;
- red Chinese vinegar for serving.
Begin to cook
- Soak separately two kinds of mushrooms in warm water for 20-25 minutes.Then remove the hard legs and cut the caps thinly.
- Noodles are soaked according to the instructions on the package, until they become totally soft. Then pour into a colander, cut into shorter pieces of about 5 cm.
- Peel the carrots and cut into very thin straws. Bamboo is thrown into a colander at first. Then it is necessary to dry it and to cut with the same straw.
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom on medium fire, heat the vegetable oil, put the shiitake and fry, stirring for 2 minutes. Add black mushrooms, fry for 2 minutes more. Put the carrots and fry for 1 minute.
- Add bamboo and noodles and mix everything. Pour inside broth or water. Bring to a boiling condition, reduce the fire to low position and cook for 20 minutes. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Dilute arrocut (starch) in 2 tbsp. of cold drinking water and pour into a saucepan, stirring constantly so that lumps do not form. Cook for 1 minute without stopping to stir.
- Remove the pan from the fire and, stirring, pour a little whipped white. As a result you will get thin white threads formed i your soup.
- Pour inside the sesame oil, stir and serve the soup into bowls. Sprinkle finely chopped green onions. Vinegar is usually served separately.
By the way
This soup can also be prepared on broth from shrimp shells. It is done as follows. — After the cooking of raw shrimps with heads, leave both shells and heads. Lay them on a sheet covered with foil or parchment, put under a strongly heated grill. Fry, stirring, until shells and heads become red. Put them to a pan, pour with cold water, which is about twice more than the volume of shrimps. Add a few pieces of green part of the leek, a couple of rootlets of coriander, a small bundle of coriander stems, flavored and black peppercorns, salt. Bring to a boiling condition and cook over a small fire under the lid for 20-30 minutes. Strain and use immediately or freeze.