In the midst of spring nature gives us everything useful that must be used properly for our health and strength recovering. The ancestors knew this very well and prepared many useful dishes from the young nettle. Have you ever heard about it? In Russia, for example, local adore cabbage soup.
The cabbage soup is considered to be very useful, especially after a long winter. Its another advantage is that it has an excellent taste. For their preparation, you need to pick up only the young leaves of nettle.
What products to take
- 2 tbsp. — melted butter;
- 400 ml — water;
- 1 tbsp. — flour;
- 200 grams — nettle leaves;
- 100 g — sorrel;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 root of parsley;
- to taste — hard-boiled eggs;
- sour cream;
- fresh greens.
Begin to cook
- We examine the nettle thoroughly, carefully rinse it, then immerse into boiling water for three minutes.
- We throw it back in a colander, then finely chop it, put it in a deep stewing pan and stew it for 10 minutes.
- Grind the onions with carrots, fry until they become soft in the melted butter.
- We bring the water to boiling condition.
- We put fried vegetables with nettle into it, cook after boiling for 10 minutes.
- Brown the flour until it becomes golden, add it to the soup, immediately put sorrel and chopped parsley root.
- Season it with spices and salt. After that cook for 10 minutes.
- When serving, we add chopped eggs, greens and sour cream.
Also in such cabbage soup you can add cereals or potatoes if you like. In the Old Russian cuisine, such a first dish was served with pies with meat or cottage cheese. Enjoy your meal!