Vegetable Tortellini Soup Recipe – This quick and easy vegetable tortellini soup comes together in minutes for a flavorful soup recipe loaded with vegetables and delicious bites of tortellini.
Cooking time:15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- ½ medium onion diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 pound peeled and diced whole tomatoes or 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 medium zucchini chopped (optional)
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 package frozen and thawed spinach
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving
How To Prepare
Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and carrots to a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable broth and Italian Seasoning Mix.
Stir in the zucchini (if using), tortellini and cook until the tortellini is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the spinach. Let the spinach soften from the heat of the soup. Add seasonings to taste.