A healthy and hearty chicken stew full of pumpkin flavours and lentils to warm your heart.
- 1 onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced (or 3 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1/2 red capsicum/bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 carrot , peeled and chopped
- 6 chicken thigh fillets , cubed
- 2 ripe tomatoes , diced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of lentils , pre-soaked overnight (or 1 can of lentils)
- 2 potatoes , chopped
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves , washed
How To Prepare
In a large saucepan/pot, fry onion, garlic, capsicum, bell peppers and carrot until onion is transparent. Add the chicken and fury until browned. Add the tomatoes and cook until tomatoes soften. Reduce to low heat, cover pot with lid and allow let simmer for about ten minutes. Add water and the pre-soaked lentils and cover with lid again. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add potatoes and pumpkin, and cook until soft.
Take off heat, and add the spinach, stirring through until just wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and parsley.